With thanks to: jurvetson for Step and Repeat; Telstar Logistics for Pink is the New Yellow; adamjinj for [365-22] A-Z & New ; ramson for Glass mosaic in the Kew Gardens Rhizotron entrance to the treetop walkway
I am One's for Labyrinth
I am One who reminds you that the direct route may not be the obvious one, nor necessarily the best.
In shadow, I am one who confuses you with all the twists and turns.
I am One who wants you to keep on trucking... Trust your intuition when your head spins.
The most interesting happening, in relation to this card, is that it drew some unasked for criticism from a flickr user, whom I've never met before and who calls himself an art critic.
What's more he used a very interesting phrase, he said I'd "over-egged the omelette". Now I'm aware of this as a phrase for overdoing things but in this context here are my thoughts about it, including as many other over-used clichés as I can think of:
- You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs
- Omelettes are made from eggs so you can't really over-egg one, unless, of course, you are worried about putting all your eggs in one basket.
- Egging someone on is to goad them...
- In the last 3 or 4 days I've eaten more eggs than ever in my life before... I've had difficulty swallowing and so have been eating scrambled eggs... and yes you can over-egg those... they need a little milk to soften them...
- Hard to swallow criticism?
- Getting egg on ones face? From being pilloried, having to sit in the stocks and take all those rotten eggs being thrown?
- Over-egging the pudding? Now yes that's much more possible... but I've given up puddings (since the beginning of this year... and kept to it fairly well too!)
- My mother, a trained but failed artist herself, often used to tell me I ought to have stopped sooner... this developed into a tendency to produce only sketches... and these days something of a preference for the unfinished... I clearly managed to break through this conditioning here!!! Yippee! That's a real turn up for the books. Another step forward.
- He certainly wasn't walking on eggshells was he? Isn't that a strange phrase...
- I doubt he's a really bad egg... though ever since Pirates of the Caribbean that's had a different nuance for me...
- As sure as eggs is eggs... this is a bit of a curate's egg...
- Maybe the way to over-egg something is to use overly rich eggs in the first place... like duck or goose... but you mustn't kill the goose that laid the golden egg... and surely that's teaching your grandmother to suck eggs isn't it?