Saturday, January 06, 2007

Soul-Collager



Possible backs for cards: Stars & Ripples
Painter IX



Over the last few days I've made and printed out 9 more cards. But as they are all ones which contain images that I feel are insufficiently mine to publish I won't show them here but I'm happy to have them!

The above image of the two card backs is a detail from one of the cards that is calling itself Soul-Collager.

Today I had a rest in the middle of the day which turned into a dream of this card. Its been hugely exciting to make though the current image isn't in itself exciting - this one really is about the process.

I already have what the card will say in part:

I am one who takes others ideas and images and re-assembles them. I am one who collages life.

When this card comes up in a reading it will be a prompt to make a new card, or change or remove an old one.

One of the types of image that I've been finding really exciting are pictures of Northern Lights - for instance see the Aurora (Borealis and Australis) pool on flickr. I've never seen these in life but I have dreamt about them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea of the Soul-Collager, and the thing about making a new card or to change and/or remove an old one, it's a fantastic idea.
I'd still like to see the other cards, why don't you think the images are not sufficiently yours, havent you reclaimed them in using them in different way, just as a musician will remix a song?

Caroline said...

Jo - thank you - that's an interesting perspective about a remix... I'll think about it... at the moment I'm too conscious that they are pieces from other's images though I've changed them in their composition and often rather more.